Stefan turned 25 in February and now that he is head-set on working, he has been spending a lot of his time developing a business idea in which he sees a ton of potential. As always I am supportive and am spending most of my time reading this page, trying to understand the future of AI to help him. So when I got some free time, I thought, it might be fun to put a list of things I’d like to do before I turn 25. I got this idea from Making It Lovely’s own list, 30 before Thirty.
Here’s what I’ve got:
25 before 25
- Bedroom next to bathroom:Â One day, I will not have to traverse 2 flights of stairs between taking a shower and crawling into bed. One day…
- Walk barefoot in my house:Â No more plaster dirt!
- Have the neighbors over for dinner:Â I need to come up with a standard company menu. I’m thinking maybe burgers and potato salad?
- Finish Game of Thrones books 1-5:Â I’m part of the way through book 3… the only difficulty I see is a library backlog.
- Grow a sunflower:Â I already bought the seeds. I’ve never had success but this year, I’m gonna do it.
- Cut flowers for my kitchen:Â Zinnias everywhere! Also clip some cherry blossoms while they are in bloom. They would look gorgeous in my kitchen!
- Landscape the front yard:Â So many plans.
- Eat another fresh cucumber with Vector:Â Vector and I love cucumbers. He gets all antsy as soon as I get out the peeler!
- Spruce up my cubicle:Â The walls are teal. I’m thinking a black and white toile would be a nice accent wall pattern.
- Buy a queen sized mattress:Â It will have to be a split queen boxspring to fit up the stairs but between Stefan, Vector and myself, the full isn’t cutting it.
- Make an 8â€™ tall cat scratching post:Â It’s gonna be seriously awesome! Â Vector’s pumped.
- Visit the NYC Natural History Museum:Â I didn’t know they had a natural history museum! I love the dinosours and any rock exhibits. I really like rocks.
- Go on a hike:Â I’m going to start working on not letting my asthma prevent me from doing and seeing fun things
- Not have to use a flashlight to get up the stairs:Â Lights are one of those things you don’t truly appreciate until you have to use a flashlight to traverse the house after about 4 pm.
- Ride my bike to an estate sale:Â I put that crate on there for this very reason. I need to use it!
- Get another good picture of me and Stefan:Â And not one where we look cutely covered in dirt like all the ones we’ve taken in the last year.
- Walk to Barismo for morning coffee:Â And if you walk to barismo for coffee, you’re silly if you don’t pick up pastries from Quebrada across the street.
Vacuum out my car:Â DONE! I just got it back from the body shop and it’s been vacuumed! Stefan was supposed to do this since he trashed it on a business trip over a year ago. I guess he’s off the hook now.
- Sew cushions for outdoor furniture:Â I have old cushions and great fabric I just need to do it!
- Organize the basement:Â Sigh, yah I guess I need to do this.
- Sip wine on the front porch and people-watch with Stefan:Â I’d like to break into a Delicious riesling and yell at the people that don’t pick up their dog poop. In my mind that is the most grown-up thing one could possibly do.
- Have a weekend without plans:Â A weekend without lists so I can check this one off the list
- Bike to Cambridge for a great dinner:Â Maybe Hungry Mother again?
- Convince Stefan to make dinner for me: Does that need moreÂ explanation?
- Travel:Â Somewhere, anywhere!
Pretty Solid list if I do say so myself. Â Anything else I should put on the ‘ol goal list?