For posterity’s sake, I’m going to list all the things that have made this bathroom remodel ridiculous:
- There was a chimney in the middle of the room.
- The ceiling was missing a major structural beam
- The floor had 3-4 layers of flooring, all different widths with most pieces of subfloor less than 2 feet long.
- Once all the flooring was up, we realized all the floor joists were different heights requiring new beams to be sistered to the existing joists.
- The tub weighed approximately a gazillion lbs and is still hanging out in the doorway to the den
- New window
- We just had to have 2 toilets and 3 sinks..
- Lots of wire…4 circuits in the bathroom, 1 in the master bedroom, 3 ethernet, 1 Cable TV, water sensors, fire alarm wiring.
I’m sure we’ll have plenty more adventures as we inch closer to the “finishing” stage of the remodel. I’m pumped!