Hey look, that’s the den wall and the den rug. That’s right, the couch that was too big made it into the second floor.
We wrapped the whole thing in saran wrap,
and dropped a Block and Tackle from a beam sticking out the third floor window.
We had a couple extra lines tied to the front of the couch so we could pull it away from the porch roof, and we also clean the ducts since this is really important for any house as we found out atÂ https://www.kcsheatingair.com/how-much-impact-does-cleaning-your-ducts-have-on-you-and-your-family/.
Then we (or I should say, Stefan and our friend John) finagled it into the window.
And once we were in the window, we disconnected the pulleys.
After de-saran-wrapping and loading on the throw pillows,
We LOVE it. It’s super comfy and is just the look we were going for. It’s great for curling up to watch a good movie and we’re looking forward to hosting Game of Thrones next week!
I have finally sewn, ironed, installed, and hemmed the curtains for the Dining Room. I bought this fabric nearly 2 years ago and I LOVE it. It is a nice green and tan floral with hints of lilac and it has a nice drapery weight and enough of the linen texture to be current. It’s Lauren by Ralph Lauren and I purchased it at Joann Fabric in the discount area. I even sent my mother looking for it at her Joann Fabric in Houston. Low and behold it eventually found its way to my super discount fabric store nearby and I now have just a ton of this fabric. I’ve covered the seats of the dining room chairs in the fabric and I’m thinking of making a couple of pouf ottomans as well. Check out more about these lovely and elegantÂ Beach Curtains.
The curtains are fully lined so I pinned both sides of a 3 yard length of fabric. I wanted the fabric to be wider than the lining so that the lining didn’t show from the front. Maneuvering the fabric was difficult but plenty of pins made the project manageable.
After turning the curtains right side out, I did a lot of ironing. I added a rod-pocket to the top and folded all the curtains neatly until the rods were up and I was ready to hang them.
I still need to figure out the best way to tie them back so they look nice but still let in light. I have the one pulled back in the photos because it hangs right over the heater vent when it is down strait.
All in all the curtains are a success. They do a good job of insulating the windows and I’m glad I added the lining. Those old windows are drafty and because of the beautiful molding in this room, the windows aren’t going anywhere.
Stefan talked me into getting a 50″ Plasma TV for the den. It fits just to the right of the door to the den closet. (The den used to be two bedrooms so there are 2 closet doors.)
Believe it or not, there is still room to the right of the TV for the built-ins we are planning for that far wall.
To mount the TV, we went with this giant TV mount:
Installation was fairly straightforward though it is absolutely a two-person job. One nice thing about this mount is the plate that goes against the wall has a wide range of hole patterns so even non-standard beam spacing is ok. In addition, you have some give in where on the mount the TV is placed. The center of the mount is located about 4 inches left of the center of the TV.
The mount moves surprisingly well and all-in-all looks pretty good.
You can see we haven’t quite finished our wiring but we are close to getting this project buttoned up and looking good.
Stay tuned for reviews of all the “toys” Stefan convinced me to buy and further speaker mounting plans.